Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mr. Bullivant

Check out Mr. Bullivant's awesome Etsy site where he posts and sells his beautiful wire artwork.

http://www.etsy.com/people/WiredbyBud

Here is what he has to say about his work:
Several years ago, I acquired a roll of baling wire at an auction and I began creating wire sculptures. My wire sculptures are one of a kind, three-dimensional drawings, simplifications of the intricate designs inspired by nature. They are an abstraction that’s just realistic enough to delight our memories of scenes from our own observations.

I often use discarded wire and found materials that I recycle or “up-cycle” into a sculpture. I do not mount the sculptures on canvas, paper or plywood and they don’t require a frame. I do not paint my sculptures, so solvents are not used. The sculptures are very light therefore shipping takes less energy. It is my hope that my work reflects my love of the natural world and that it is kind to the environment as well. 



Mr. Bullivant will be your teacher starting on October 10th when Mrs. Hare leaves to have her baby. He is going to be a great addition to our art classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment